Can anyone help me find my type?

Enneachat is hosted by Katherine Chernick Fauvre and David W. Fauvre, MA, co-founders of Enneagram Explorations found online at http://www.Enneagram.net

Can anyone help me find my type?

Postby delphi » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:15 pm

So far, the only thing I've managed to find is a sort of "anti-Tritype," if you will. There is one type in each center that I don't identify with at all. 3, 7, and 8 are all types that instantly stand out as being "not me," and other people who look at them agree I couldn't be those types.

So, in the gut center, I relate somewhat to 1 and 9. In the head center, I relate to 5 and 6. In the heart center, I relate to 2 and 4. I've read a lot about the types, but I don't feel that it has really helped. It all seems to be a matter of interpretation.

Type 1: I am something of a perfectionist, and I do have certain principles that I believe should be followed. I also really dislike chaos or randomness... I find it overwhelming and unpleasant.

Type 9: I generally dislike conflict and seek harmony. I am fairly self-effacing, and have a tendency to be physically lazy. I do make an effort to heal conflict.

Type 5: I'm fairly intellectual. I seem to pick up on things fairly quickly, and I'm something of a shut-in. I spend a lot of my time alone reading about complex theories. I always feel like the world is demanding too much of me.

Type 6: I feel that I need other people's help to deal with the world, so I try to avoid alienating them. I'm good at predicting where problems will occur (or have occurred) in a system, and I'm prone to fear of betrayal.

Type 2: I've done a lot of volunteer work and often want to feel needed and loved. I have a tendency to seek validation from others. I can sometimes be manipulative towards those who I feel are causing problems.

Type 4: I often feel that I'm somehow broken or different from others. I spend a lot of time searching for my identity. I do have a desire for self-expression, and I live in my imagination a lot.

I feel that I've acted out all of these at some point in my life. I also feel like I could portray myself as any of these types without a significant amount of cognitive dissonance.
delphi

Re: Can anyone help me find my type?

Postby Kitchen Fly » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:08 pm

I gave it a good read though and vier my bias of perception taking you verbiage vier text these there my immediate breakdowns of the construct.

Cheer delphi, and hope it of she help to you in your inner exploration of understanding self as type.

So far, the only thing I've managed to find is a sort of "anti-Tritype,"

if you will.
9 SP 5

There is one type in each center that I don't identify with at all.
SX 9w1

3, 7, and 8 are all types that instantly stand out as being "not me,"

and other people who look at them agree I couldn't be those types.

So, in the gut center,

I relate somewhat to 1 and 9.

In the head center, I relate to 5 and 6.

In the heart center, I relate to 2 and 4.

I've read a lot about the types, but I don't feel that it has really helped. It all seems to be a matter of interpretation.

and 4 influenced by (9/0) at point nine as if tritype: 593 was in the mood shadow of zero at point nine and nine at pint nine with in all types. three numbers; 593,. and a mandatory fourth:(9/0); 593 ,9/0 fixated though point nine, one of nine points. meaning there is a tear to tritypeing that is not accounted for and that id the role 9/0 played in personalities flexion.

Type 1: I am something of a perfectionist,

and I do have certain principles that I believe should be followed.
Sp/so

I also really dislike chaos or randomness...
9w8 feel sx/so -so/sx 5w4

I find it overwhelming and unpleasant.
5w4

Type 9: I generally dislike conflict and seek harmony.
9 fix

I am fairly self-effacing, and have a tendency to be physically lazy. I do make an effort to heal conflict.
5w4 so/sx perhase 593

Type 5: I'm fairly intellectual. I seem to pick up on things fairly quickly,
593 5-3 (so to sp/so)

and I'm something of a shut-in. I spend a lot of my time alone reading about complex theories. I always feel like the world is demanding too much of me.
5w4 so/sx

Type 6: I feel that I need other people's help to deal with the world, so I try to avoid alienating them.
Thinking Triad FeelInstinct 9-5 (so-sx/sp)

I'm good at predicting where problems will occur (or have occurred) in a system, and I'm prone to fear of betrayal.
5-9 Sx (so to sx)

Type 2: I've done a lot of volunteer work and often want to feel needed and loved.
2w1 Trifix
I have a tendency to seek validation from others.
8w9 Trifix
I can sometimes be manipulative towards those who I feel are causing problems.
5w4

Type 4: I often feel that I'm somehow broken or different from others.
w4
I spend a lot of time searching for my identity.
Four wing I to E-NFP ( I to E , 5 to 4) ENFP and reaching three istj.
I do have a desire for self-expression,
Point:7
and I live in my imagination a lot.
Point:8
I feel that I've acted out all of these at some point in my life.
I also feel like I could portray myself as any of these types without a significant amount of cognitive dissonance.
SO; So at point:7, So at point:8
Kitchen Fly

Postby delphi » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:41 pm

Thanks, Kitchen Fly.

You actually showed up most of the fixes I'd been considering at some point.

I'd recently been entertaining the idea that I might be 1, because several people thought I seemed like a 1 over a 9. The main thing making them think that was, as a child... when I was beaten, I would just keep asking, "why are you hurting me?" viewing the person spanking me as controlling/cruel, rather than understanding it was for my own good. Eventually, my parents learned to reason with me about right and wrong verbally, and that I literally became too emotionally hurt/betrayed when struck to be able to even understand why I was being physically punished, thus punishment never worked. They said that sounded "too strong-willed" for a type 9 or something.

That is, 1w9, 6w5, and 2w1. The reason is that I obviously can't see myself in the three Id/assertive types at all, so if the opposite of that is compliant... then that would be a good fit.

However, the problem is that this group of types is far more proactive about things than I am. They have a lot more energy and drive. So, my actual self-perception is more like 9w1, 5w6, and 4w5, although I know a lot of intellectual people tend to mistype as 5s, and a lot of people seem to want to type me as type 6.

The biggest reason I don't identify with 6, however, is that I don't feel that I'm terribly obsessed with authority. I'm mostly willing to leave them alone if they leave me alone. A lot of times they're impotent or corrupt, but they're just people in the end. I also don't feel the need to live inside a rebellion-conformity dialectic, which is how most people seem to define type 6. I've never understood those kids that try to fit in with each other while doing something "rebellious," only to grow up and be just like their parents in the end. I don't know if that's a type 6 thing, but if it is, I don't get it.

The thing about 4, though, is that I really don't identify that strongly with the need for authenticity. I could easily be 2w1. I don't know about type 3... I'm not that ambitious, really, but I could see elements of that.

What is the 9/0 thing? Is there a hidden 0 on the enneagram? Someone suggested a while back that there was a "void," or a 0, between type 4 and 5.

Anyway, thanks for reading through all this. I'll see if I come up with any additional insight into myself. I've read so much already...
delphi

Postby Kitchen Fly » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:21 am

9/0 is all most like that intuitive void that is within all of us, a sutler thing that is easterly over looked, like a mood a base mood that may be over looked by activity the activity of thought and action, but the mood is influence by a point energy, general thinking. It is some thing newish I am thinking about, much like the interesting nuance that you have kindly presented.

I had not considered the duality of the two energies or I had not thought of the differing roles that may play in the psyche s activity. There are six components in a tritype, interesting , I like the way you think, your deductive energy reminds me of of a friends deductive energy: 8w7 sx/so.

With an eight with severn typing as a possibility the reaching to all the energies you have mentioned are likely, the nine, the one, the two, the five,. and to some degree the six and four.

it was for my own good. Eventually, my parents learned to reason with me about right and wrong verbally, and that I literally became too emotionally hurt/betrayed when struck to be able to even understand why I was being physically punished, thus punishment never worked. They said that sounded "too strong-willed" for a type 9 or something.

That is, 1w9, 6w5, and 2w1. The reason is that I obviously can't see myself in the three Id/assertive types at all, so if the opposite of that is compliant... then that would be a good fit.

However, the problem is that this group of types is far more proactive about things than I am. They have a lot more energy and drive. So, my actual self-perception is more like 9w1, 5w6, and 4w5, although

When i am more clear about the 9/0 energy I may post about it, but it seems like a primitive type energy like as if an animals psyche other than a human, has a single type,under expressed, devoid of a sophisticated self generated cognitive thought content thought language , self-talk/think/reason. Animals like cats and dogs seem to have an Instinct type, one of six and possibly a primitive type energy. The primitive type energies, 1-to-9 ,would travel universally though the medium 9/0 at point nine, in unison with the perceptive input of all eight remaining points: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, as if there is a role these points play, in concert with the six instincts and between instinct and ,. the eight master genes. Not shore what to think other than that. 9/0 is some thing to be thought about as an action within the psyche of animals in general and Man being a highly cognitively developed entity.

Happy easter delphi.
Kitchen Fly

Return to Enneagram Type, Tritype and Insinctual Subtype Discussion