7s and escaping into a delusional future

Enneachat is hosted by Katherine Chernick Fauvre and David W. Fauvre, MA, co-founders of Enneagram Explorations found online at http://www.Enneagram.net

7s and escaping into a delusional future

Postby badger05 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:18 am

7s always need to escape into some promising future. So sometimes I settle for what I can get and create this fantasy in my mind of how this thing in the future is going to be perfect (ex. a life goal, moving or a big purchase). But when I actually get to experience the thing more often than not it sucks. It completely destroys the delusion and I'm left wondering what I was thinking. Now I'm scared to make any plan because I don't know if it's based in reality. I want to make sure that my future plans are actually what I'm looking for. How would I make sure of this?

And here is my type: ISTP 7w8 8w7 4w3 sx/sp.
badger05

Postby Kitchen Fly » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:07 am

(Kitchen Fly): 9 , 9w1, sx/sp/so , 9w8 5w6 4w5 , 936 963 396 , 1221 -D type , INFP. "Fire House" 1966

……….… S -- N

T -- F …………..… P -- J

Abstract Drawing:- e.g.

- SO (1)(0);(0)(1),(1)(1)or SO (1)(0);(1)(1),(0)(1)
- SX (0)(1);(1)(1),(1)(0)or SX (0)(1);(1)(0),(1)(1)
- SP (1)(1);(0)(1),(1)(0)or SP (1)(1);(1)(0),(0)(1)

.…….……..9: Points

..……….… 0

.... 6

The primary triangle is interesting and it can remind me of many things like a "Y" and an "X" that can menu access perhaps all dimensions privy to its actions with in the: Action , Greater Nature , Of Greater Nature.

( like a "Y" and an abstract "X" )

"Y" = Intuit / Area

…….. Experience

"X" = Intuit / Think

..….. Feel ... Sense

or

"Y" = Intuit / Area ("objective reality")

…….. Experience ("Phenomenological")

"X" = Intuit / Think ("Impersonal - Personal")

..….. Feel ... Sense ("Response - Reaction") "perhaps"

- gut = un conches = SX
- hart = sub conches = SOC
- head = conches = SP

..4…………………..4

….……… 5

..4…………………..4

The Hole Brain Model is a Hole Brain Model,. That within my understanding connects in 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ,and more.

0 ..……….…… 0

....… 4 / 4

5 ..……….…… 5

....… 5 / 4

5 ..……….…… 4

....… 4 / 5

4 ..……….…… 5

....… 5 / 5

4 ..……….…… 4

….…0 / 0

Quote: All Process Begin At Zero,. at Point: 9 ,.And End At Nine At Point: 9
- [A.G.E Blake]

The Enneagram of personality consists in part of Nine Energies & Eighteen Sub-Types , each of three Instincts ,with six variations.

If you view the nine parts as a complete loop this is a view of the tenth.

….…0 / 0

0 ..……….…… 0

When I think about Law:10 and the possibility that it sits above point nine,.
I like to also recall this, Quote:

All Process Begin At Zero,. at Point: 9 ,.And End At Nine At Point: 9
- [A.G.E Blake]

Last edited by Kitchen Fly on Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:23 am, edited 18 times in total.
Kitchen Fly

Re: 7s and escaping into a delusional future

Postby badger05 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:49 pm

aaand now how about a reply from someone who is not on crack
badger05

Re: 7s and escaping into a delusional future

Postby bbr817 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:43 pm

HIi Badger,

I have just found this site so your post may well be outdated. Nonetheless, as I am also a 7, I can relate to this tendency you speak of as well as the disappointment experienced when the reality of your fantasized future runs directly into the reality of the present, which cannot possibly live up to what we had anticipated. This pattern happens because at the core of our escape mechanism, we are seeking a pain-free and joyous experience (gluttony) and we tend to create a fantasy that is positive in the extreme (to satisfy our ego's needs). So, the challenge is to remain present in the present experience and find the beauty, grace, and exceptional in the moment. Even when we experience the grayer days and experiences, we need to strive to find positives in those experiences to help ourselves remain grounded. So, when you find yourself drifting away from the present toward the future, try to pause and take a 50,000 ft view of what is happening that is causing you to want to escape to the future. And, ask yourself how you can take the positive out of your present condition/experience and take stock in the moment (seeking gratitude). I know this may sound either trite or like psycho-babble, particularly when the ego is in control of our behavior however that is where our challenge lies as a Type 7; stay present, breathe, and find the beauty and joy in the moment so as to recalibrate your perceptions. Lastly, take that recalibrated perception and set a plan to put into action to help you achieve the better future you want to experience and take action toward creating that reality; then you might find that when you find yourself in the perfected reality you can actually enjoy it! :ugeek:

- Bill R., PhD candidate, I-O psych
Life Coach/Executive Coach
The415Group.com
bbr817

Return to Enneagram Type, Tritype and Insinctual Subtype Discussion