What's your Tritype?

Enneachat is hosted by Katherine Chernick Fauvre and David W. Fauvre, MA, co-founders of Enneagram Explorations found online at http://www.Enneagram.net

What's your Tritype?

Postby Katherine874 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:35 pm

I am the 874. I am unconventional and very creative. I struggle with the need for freedom and doing things my way. I over react when I feel controlled, limited and misunderstood.
Katherine874

Re: What's your Tritype?

Postby Riley » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:00 pm

I still struggle with figuring out my tritype.

It is one of the following:

Riley

Postby Katherine874 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:53 pm

I can see these in your collage.

The 847 is the passionate, cutting edge, innovative, compassionate, freedom seeking, creative, non conformist focused on implementing and manifesting their original vision.

The 837 is the slick, expansive, powerhouse, 'can do' person that sees the big picture but avoids feelings, seeing them as speed bumps that get in the way of manifesting and making things happen.

The 845 is the somewhat introverted, intelligent, headstrong, detached, hyper introspective problem solver with strategic thinking and emotional astuteness.

The 835 is the ambitious, tenacious, opinionated, tough minded, hard nosed, foundation building, mental giant that is in denial of and minimizing of their more tender emotions.
Katherine874

Postby Crooner » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:10 pm

Tritype 5-8-3 and the corresponding collages...

Crooner

Postby revjenn » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:19 am

I feel like a 6w4 so I have the feeling my tri-type is 6/4/?? I'm not sure about the gut centered type, maybe a 1. I'm still working on my enneagram type, but I've got it as 6w5 sx/so for now. I thought I was a 4 for years, but I'm really not sure how to decide. The four feels right and then I read about the 6 and think, oh well, maybe that's it. So maybe I'm a 4/6/??? My other confusion is about the instinctual type and how I differentiate between that and my enneagram type. Lovely discussions here.
revjenn

Postby Katherine874 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:01 am

Both 4s and 6s can be emotional. The questions is what are you emotional about? In terms of difficult behaviors...
6s identify a source to prove
4s identify a source to impress
641 particular, fussy
648 reactive, edgy
649 doubting, insecure
Katherine874

Postby revjenn » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:24 pm

6/4/9 sounds right. Thanks!
revjenn

Postby Riley » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:03 pm

Katherine874 wrote:I can see these in your collage.

The 847 is the passionate, cutting edge, innovative, compassionate, freedom seeking, creative, non conformist focused on implementing and manifesting their original vision.

The 837 is the slick, expansive, powerhouse, 'can do' person that sees the big picture but avoids feelings, seeing them as speed bumps that get in the way of manifesting and making things happen.

The 845 is the somewhat introverted, intelligent, headstrong, detached, hyper introspective problem solver with strategic thinking and emotional astuteness.

The 835 is the ambitious, tenacious, opinionated, tough minded, hard nosed, foundation building, mental giant that is in denial of and minimizing of their more tender emotions.

835 describes my best friend well, and me to an extent, but your descriptions helped me to differentiate better between the tritypes!

I am able to narrow down the list to 847 and 845. I identify less with the energy added by the 3, though it is definitely an energy he manifests.

I will keep thinking about those two, though. I will say that my need for freedom is pronounced to the point of ridiculous, and is most likely related to a 7 influence.
Riley

Postby Katherine874 » Sat May 08, 2010 10:48 pm

I relate to both of these as well.
The 847 is more extroverted intuition with the attention going outward. It is a lighter and is more optimistic .
The 845 is more introverted intuition with the attention going inward. It can be darker and is more cynical.
Katherine874

Postby Katherine874 » Sat May 08, 2010 10:57 pm

Another possibility is the 468, 684, 846 If you are 468, you are intuitive, inquisitive and protective. You want to be original, certain and straight-forward. You are highly sensitive and emotional. You track inconsistencies and are like the ‘canary in the coal mine,’ calling off hidden agendas, deception and ulterior motives. You are very intense and can at times be emotional and over reactive. Your life mission is to identify what is insincere and not what it appears to be, and alert others of the potential hazards. A true whistleblower or truth teller, you are happiest when you can protect others from being taken advantage of and misled. You can be so focused on what is missing, threatening and your emotional truth that you become tyrannical. As a result, you don’t see your impact on others and can miss what is truly important.
Katherine874

Next

Return to Enneagram Type, Tritype and Insinctual Subtype Discussion