Michael Jackson's, 'This Is It' concert film

Enneachat is hosted by Katherine Chernick Fauvre and David W. Fauvre, MA, co-founders of Enneagram Explorations found online at http://www.Enneagram.net

Michael Jackson's, 'This Is It' concert film

Postby EnneaAdmin » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:11 pm

Last night Katherine and I saw Michael Jackson's, 'This Is It'. First, we see him clearly as the Social 4-7-9 Tritype. The most astonishing aspect of the film was not his legendary and spectacular talents but rather his sensitivity, humanity and graciousness. What we were left with feeling was the profundity of see...ing a 4 at age 50 who had gone through total hell, public scorn and humiliation, illnesses, divorces, financial losses that was not bitter, sarcastic, arrogant, or hateful.

So many 4s become bitter, self absorbed and lose meaning in their lives particularly if they go through very hard times. MJ could have been an arrogant nasty diva and easily gotten away with it. Instead he was clearly loved and idolized by those who worked with him. He displayed a love and respect for others, humbleness and a genuine sense of concern for humanitarian issues and those with whom he worked.

This is not a great concert film, it plays like a home movie and is not even of the dress rehearsals. But what is great is seeing a Social 4 express his art, passion and creative vision in a way that has touched the world...the high side of 4.
EnneaAdmin
Site Admin

Re: Michael Jackson's, 'This Is It' concert film

Postby dek2000 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:20 am

This film moved me in deep and mysterious ways .... As a 471, I could resonate with a big part of what was going on.

I rarely see a movie more than once ... and I saw it three times.

The commitment to excellence -- the LOVE -- and how he raised the bar for others just by BEING ... were the
biggies for me.
dek2000

Postby albertodegama » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:36 am

I really miss Michael Jackson and his performances may god bless him and his soul rest in peace :(
albertodegama

Postby Insight » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:27 am

EnneaAdmin wrote:Last night Katherine and I saw Michael Jackson's, 'This Is It'. First, we see him clearly as the Social 4-7-9 Tritype. The most astonishing aspect of the film was not his legendary and spectacular talents but rather his sensitivity, humanity and graciousness. What we were left with feeling was the profundity of see...ing a 4 at age 50 who had gone through total hell, public scorn and humiliation, illnesses, divorces, financial losses that was not bitter, sarcastic, arrogant, or hateful.

So many 4s become bitter, self absorbed and lose meaning in their lives particularly if they go through very hard times. MJ could have been an arrogant nasty diva and easily gotten away with it. Instead he was clearly loved and idolized by those who worked with him. He displayed a love and respect for others, humbleness and a genuine sense of concern for humanitarian issues and those with whom he worked.

This is not a great concert film, it plays like a home movie and is not even of the dress rehearsals. But what is great is seeing a Social 4 express his art, passion and creative vision in a way that has touched the world...the high side of 4.

I agree on your take of Michael Jackson. Several years ago while he was still around I saw him as a 4 full of inner turmoil because of his past. He spoke of some of it publicly also.

When a 4 (as you already know) crawls out of the dung hole of life and rises above it, they see the world in a whole new light and bring that perspective to others.
Insight

Return to Enneagram Type, Tritype and Insinctual Subtype Discussion