President Obama, a Social 9w1

Enneachat is hosted by Katherine Chernick Fauvre and David W. Fauvre, MA, co-founders of Enneagram Explorations found online at http://www.Enneagram.net

President Obama, a Social 9w1

Postby EnneaAdmin » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:44 am

After a long period of observation we have concluded that President Obama is a Social 9w1, and his Tritype is 937. What do you think?
EnneaAdmin
Site Admin

Re: President Obama, a Social 9w1

Postby Belissima » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:26 am

I don't think so - I think he's more of a one - way to picky with his arrugala salad and not wanting to eat what was offered. Nit pickish - seems oneish to me. Anyway, that's the way I see it.
Belissima

Postby Insight » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:22 am

I'm still gnawing on this one. Obama is not a 9w1 because those types are extremely sensitive. He may be a 9w8 however because the 8 wing gives the 9 more strength. I have been tossing between the 3 and the 9, but because he doesn't appear highly sensitive it's a tough call. But that would explain a 9w8 which I think he could be. I'd have to watch more videos with him to make an accurate call. He seems to show unhealthy traits of the 3 when he is under fire, which is the type in his line of disintegration. As I think on this more if I come up with something more accurate I'll post it, but I'm leaning toward the 9w8 at this point.
Insight

Postby Quixotic » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:41 pm

I think he is a 3-4 with a strong connection to 9. John McCain ,i believe is a type 1-9 and the differences are stark in their contrast.Obama is actually very sensitive to criticism but doesn't show it outwardly except to become even more cooly self controlled and aloof but without the physical rigidity of a type 1. People often mistake his smoothness for a type nine but I think he is just projecting out of fear of showing his real emotions which he keeps closely guarded. Obama is know most of all for his highly charismatic rethoric but often when he speaks without a script he speaks in a halting very calculated manner..He is also extremely secretive about himself, as is his entire administration despite promising greater transparency. He has hidden much of his past and has rewritten a lot of the details about his past in his book Dreams from my father. I find it revealing that he wrote a book about himself in his thirties, before he was even president, without having accomplished much of anything, as if he were trying to market himself in the persuit of higher office. He is much better at campaigning , selling himself, than he is at actually leading. Despite his great charisma he is indecisive and unsure of himself. From his book it also becomes clear that he has classic feeling type identity issues in regard to both his biracial heritage and the father he never knew as well as the mother who left him. He doesn't identify with his mother and grandparents, those that were near, but instead idealizes a father that wasn't present and is unattainable, a very fourish trait. Also in his book he says he was an average student because of his own addmitted laziness another classic trait of a type three moving to nine, but being fundamentally an image consciouse type three he hasn't released his school records. Also in the first prints of his book he proclaims an affinity for his Marxist professors and their ideology, which was later redacted out of his ,post being elected to the presidency ,reprintings of the book. Marxism is undeniably a envy based philosophy which would be very attractive to many type fours and threes that resent other peoples or nations apparent success. Lastly their are his hidden hostility issues which are made know through his keeping of an enemies list. People that he secretly seeks to hurt for criticizing or going against him. All that having been said I personally like the guy. He seems like he would be cool to hang out with but I would be lying if I said I thought he was a particularly effective leader, after all most threes lead by taking queues from others which is to say following, not leading.
Quixotic

Return to Enneagram Type, Tritype and Insinctual Subtype Discussion